March 17, 2010

It's Anne with an "E"

One of my favorite movies of all time is "Anne of Green Gables". Perhaps some of you have heard of it or seen it? If not, I highly recommend it. It's a classic that I watch over and over again. It makes, me laugh, cry, and wish I was born in a different era. The story's about a quirky, redheaded girl with a fiery temper and quick wit who spouts sonnets and is always getting into scrapes. She starts as an orphan but finally finds a real place to call home. It follows her from adolescence to adulthood (which in that day and age was about 17). It's a very touching and charming movie and I cherish it each time I watch it because when I was younger my mother and sister and I would curl up together, make popcorn and watch it together. In any case, if you haven't see it, one of the great things about this movie is, of course, the fashion! I would love to have lived in earlier times where women dressed like ladies and men dressed as gentlemen. Wish I could've gotten better pics because there were lots of great outfits and dresses, but could only find so many on the internet. If you're looking for something to watch next time you're at the movie store, give this a try and let me know what you think!

one of my favorite outfits above







Follow beneaththeglass on Twitter
Follow beneath the glass