May 27, 2010

2010 Cannes Film Festival

Please excuse my lack of recent outfit posts. Due to a busy schedule this week, and a sudden illness, I have not been wearing anything worth photographing lately. Hopefully by Monday I'll be back to it. The good news is that I had my Drs appointment yesterday, and found out I'm approximately three months along; an ultrasound in ten days will give me more of an exact delivery date. So three down, six more to go! And about 20 more pounds to gain...not looking forward to that part though. In the meantime, I happened across photos from the 2010 Cannes Film Festival, and some of my favorite picks are below. Absolutely love the Balmain dress for it's edginess and sexiness; Michele's dress reminds me of phyllo dough, haha, but is gorgeous for summer. Love everything Diane Kruger wears! And there were mixed reviews about Elizabeth Banks' dress, but I love the watercolor effect, the colors are gorgeous, and I admire her ability to pull it off. Fan looks like an exotic fairy stepping out of an enchanted forest, her dress reminds me of weeping willows and mists. And Salma Hayak pulls of a simple, yet creatively draped Gucci gown. Sigh. What must it be like to be adorned in such glamour? But hey, at least I'm comfortable and cozy in my sweats from Target, and I didn't spend a whole years salary on it, either.

Kate Beckingsale in Balmain

Michele Yeoh in Cavalli

Diane Kruger

Elizabeth Banks in Georges Chakra

Fan Bingbing

Salma Hayek in Gucci


Follow beneaththeglass on Twitter
Follow beneath the glass