August 27, 2010

The Space Between the Lines


My son is turning six next Friday (I know, when did I get to be so old?) and his grandparents gave him money for his present, so yesterday we went to his favorite place- Toys R' Us. It was like taking me to Bloomingdale's, handing me some money, and telling me to pick whatever I wanted. He ran from aisle to aisle and was talking to himself rationally ("Hmm, if I buy this, then I'll have less money for this" "this is cheaper, so I could get both of these"), too cute.



Then we went to Goodwill, which is conveniently located right in the same area. It's funny how sometimes you look online, in catalogs, out of town, etc. for those certain pieces you want, then you unexpectedly find them when you're not looking. Case in point: I've been dying for a kimono jacket (I have a vintage patchwork one on the way, but its a different style from what I have been hunting for) but everywhere I've been online (Spanish Moss Vintage for example) has been sold out. So imagine my surprise when I found a gorgeous teal one for $7. It's not exactly the style I was looking for, but at that price, who am I to argue? With that and other things I'm waiting to wear that are long sleeved, my excitement for Fall to come has tripled.

*IF YOU HAVEN'T ENTERED MY ERIN WASSON X LOW LUV GIVEAWAY YET, YOU STILL HAVE UNTIL AUGUST 31ST TO DO SO. DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE

SAY HI TO ME ON TWITTER!

Photobucket

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

Photobucket

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Photobucket