September 30, 2010

Grayscale


I have been wearing this shirt religiously since I spotted it buried in the confines of a thrift store rack. I literally wore it to bed, then decided I wanted to wear it for the day as well. It's just so comfortably oversized, which is definitely a plus on a disgustingly hot day as today...and it's animal print, which by now I'm sure you all know I have an unhealthy obsession with anything animal print. One day I'm going to dress head to toe in animal print...different animals too, not just leopard. Doubtful, but funny to imagine.


On to the main event. I impatiently waited all day for the UPS man to deliver my newest acquisition...these awesome Sam Edelman "Zoyla" boots/wedges. I've had my eye on them for some time, as well as with the "Zoe" version, but seeing how I last saw them on the Asos website for $353 and the "Zoe's" for around $200 elsewhere, I figured it was one of those longings that would never be fulfilled. Imagine my shock and utter excitement when I ran a search for studded boots and these bad boys popped up from the Lord & Taylor website...for $169.00. Now, I'm no math whiz, but that sounded about 50% off, and for a shoe as in demand as this one, who was I to pass up that deal? I was even more surprised when I went to checkout and found out there was an additional 20% sale going on, reducing my price to $135.00. And, as if that wasn't astounding enough, since it was over $99, they threw in free shipping, which was awesome because it was 3 day, meaning I had a lot less wait time. I was on cloud nine, let me tell you. I've had good deals before, but this one blew the others out of the water. It must have been fate, that's all I can say. If you decide to purchase, I recommend going up at least half a size. I'm normally a 7, but with different brands I have to change sizes. My JS platforms are a 6, while my JC wedges are a perfect 7. These however, are pretty narrow in the foot part. I was actually worried they wouldn't fit at first, but once you get them on, it's easier the next time around. Oddly enough, they are harder to walk in than any of my other shoes. And the sides will rub your ankles raw. But I simply inserted a gel insert pad and the problem was solved. So happy to add them to my collection at such a deal. Now if only Jeffrey Campbell would reduce his purple suede "Lita's" to a more desirable price, I'd be much obliged.

I know I just changed my header, but afterwards I was bored and created another one. Which do you prefer? I like them both for their own creative aspects, so I need you guys to decide. Or else I'll just change it in a couple months or so.



SAY HI TO ME ON TWITTER!

Photobucket

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

Photobucket

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Photobucket