September 19, 2010

I Fall into Pieces





It's supposed to rain like crazy today, which fits my mood perfectly. Since the middle of last week, I had been trying to nurse my sweet little puppy Peanut back to health. He contracted Parvo, a very serious and common virus that affects many dogs, especially puppies. He was just shy of getting his vaccines when he fell ill. He went from being a spirited and loving dog to a lethargic puppy who vomited frequently. It was the most heartbreaking thing to watch. We thought he still might pull through though, after he started treatment. Friday night around 9 I found him limp and completely unresponsive, but still breathing. I have heard of dogs in this condition still making it, so for over 3 hours I stayed by his side watching him. Around 1 am he took his last breath. My heart literally aches at his loss. I feel as if I've lost my best friend. He was the most loving and spirited puppy and his death as left an empty spot in my heart. My hormones are already out of whack due to the pregnancy and this was the last thing I expected. I have been in bed ever since yesterday. I had to force myself to get up this morning. If anyone has been through this, or has a pet that you love more than anything, then you might know what I'm going through. I told Austin that Peanut ran away, and he took it well. I think he's just too young to understand. He already wants another puppy or kitten, but I don't think I can bear it just yet. I know life goes on, and mine will too....but for now, I need another day or two to grieve.

SAY HI TO ME ON TWITTER!

Photobucket

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

Photobucket

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Photobucket