September 13, 2010

In The Trenches

Just got home yesterday from a fun, relaxing time with my beautiful cousin Tori and my sis Liana. We did nothing but walk around Santa Rosa looking like tourists and probably annoying fellow people. Now it's back to reality and work.

Since Fall is presumably on it's way (taking it's sweet time I might add) I decided to do this post of "GET IT FOR LESS" about a great transitional wardrobe piece, the trench coat. Chic, stylish, and reminiscent of espionage and film noir movies, the trench coat is a versatile piece that is a staple for any closet. Going out in public and don't feel like dressing up? Throw on a belted trench over a tee and jeans with boots and dark shades and you have instant sophistication. Great for when the weather is chilly outside, but doesn't require a snowsuit and boots to travel around in.

Here's some high priced and covetable pieces:


You probably know by now how much I adore leopard print- but would I seriously part with $3,795 for this Lanvin coat? Not likely.


Same goes for this Alice by Temperley "Bonita" coat for $1,095. To me, that's a fortune which I don't have.

I do admit that if it's high quality and long lasting then sometimes it's worth it to invest your money in something that will remain in your closet a long time. I would be much more willing to spend a little more money on these pieces:

BB Dakota $120.00 revolveclothing.com

Betsey Johnson $225 Bluefly.com


Nicole Miller $148.99 Bluefly.com

And if those are still not within your budget, check out these options:

Maurices $49.00 maurices.com


Wilson's Leather $44.96 wilsonsleather.com


BB Dakota $45.00 Karmaloop.com

Don't overlook your local Goodwill and thrift stores, you may be able to find a great trench at a fraction of the price that's still in good shape. Let me know if there's anything you want me to compare for the next "GET IT FOR LESS" post.




SAY HI TO ME ON TWITTER!

Photobucket

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

Photobucket

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Photobucket