June 16, 2011

DIY Leather Trimmed Denim Shirt

Sorry for the lack of updates, been super busy designing a website for my MIL's business, as well as trying to catch up with my own list of to do items. That being said, this post is also sorta a quick DIY that is simple, inexpensive and fast. I had this denim shirt I thrifted and wanted to jazz it up, so I took my leftover faux leather scraps from this DIY, and used it to add some trim to my shirt. All you have to do is cut to fit the collar, sleeves and pockets, and either sew or glue (I used strong leather glue) to attach the trim in place. Super easy and it didn't cost me anything because I already had all the supplies. You don't have to follow this exactly, you can use lace, or most craft stores have trimmings with fringe, sequins, etc. Get creative! This has inspired me to look through the rest of my closet to find things I can remake and refresh into something new. Anyone else have any makeover tips for clothes? I've got more in mind, so keep checking back!

*Oh, and Mike didn't want me to dye my hair turquoise, so I backed down (for now) and went for bright red, which I love....but still may do turquoise later :)

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket