August 14, 2011

Gareth Pugh Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear




I just got into town a little while ago from a weekend of camping, something I haven't done in years. Had a great time lying by the ocean (no tan though) and making s'mores, but now it's back to reality. Austin starts second grade tomorrow, which means early mornings frantically scrambling to get breakfast and school gear in order. But until then, I'm relaxing when I should be unpacking. Something about taking a vacation almost makes you need another vacation, am I right? With all the  packing, driving,  unpacking, repacking etc, plus two nights of sleeping on a rocky, uneven ground and freezing as if I was sleeping under an avalanche, I'm beat and needing more time to recuperate, strange though it sounds.

Anyways, I was browsing through the Fall collections and Gareth Pugh's Fall ready-to-wear collection made me almost hyperventilate. His futuristic - cyberpunk with gothic religious overtones and a touch of glam was dead on for me. The black pointed leather, asymmetric cuts and zigzagged leggings were stellar. He feminized it a bit more with floating layers of chiffon and added shocking bits of cobalt to ignite some color into the collection, then finished it off with an almost Egyptian-esque maze of gold and black sequins. Stunning. They don't call him the Crown Prince of the Fashion Goths for nothing. . . . I humbly kneel at his feet in reverence.

images via style.com